Tuesday, January 1, 2013

 So, I decided to try this "photo challenge" to start off my year of 2013! 
I received my young women's medallion in 2012--finally!!!
That was a big highlight of 2012 and the work put
into it was totally worth it!
~.*.~
I play 8 instruments: the violin, viola, cello, piano, flute,
piccolo, alto saxophone, and bass clarinet.
I was in Show Choir my Sophomore year as an alto
in High School and Madrigals as an alto during my Junior
year and this year as a Senior.
~.*.~
2012 was the beginning of more change for the better.
To kick start that off, I decided to get a new
look with a new haircut, bangs, and the first dye I've
had in my hair. 2013 will be so great!
Hopefully, things will continue to change for
the better. Keep moving forward
~.*.~
I love to draw. I love the expression I am able to have
when I draw the things on my mind. Music and
art are my communication. To
express myself through the things I love is
more than I could have ever imagined.
~.*.~
Day 1: Me! I love art, music, kids, soccer, volleyball, my family, and my life. Bring on the year!!!





Day 2: Nails. That was easy! This is no challenge!!!!!
ha ha, I love to paint different things on my toe nails. I did these flowers one day, and that was the start of my nail polish "love"






Day 3: This is what I had for breakfast today. Sad and unhealthy, but it relieved my stress and was delicious!



Day 4: It's been FREEZING!!! This morning on my way to school, it was 5 degrees!!!!!



Day 5: eyes. This isn't such a great picture of my eyes, but oh well.


Day 6: Favorite perfume. What's better than spraying something so much it's overbearing and you can't stand it? What's better than B-O? Deo!!!










Day 7: Outfit of the day:
Sure, this isn't from today, but it seemed like a good day to wear a leopard print shirt!



Day 8: Cozy
While cleaning up my room, my nephew decided to cuddle with my teddy bear :)







Day 9: Something I'm reading
This year in seminary, we are reading the New Testament. I feel so blessed as I go every other morning to learn more about the New Testament and let my testimony grow stronger. It makes waking up at 4:30-5 a.m. totally worth it!
Day 10: Morning sky
Being January, this is all we're getting for now! Spring, come faster!
Day 11: Light
Just to shed some light, this is what my family does when we go out to play in the snow in the dark. It's fun!


Day 12: Black and White
I sure miss Louie. He was a great dog, and my protector, as he stayed by my side whenever I got sick, cried when I left the house without him, and shared naps on the floor in front of a sunny window.
Day 13: Cuddly Buddy
<3 Now, I have Pepper. He's a whole other story! He snuggles on the hottest nights of the year, stays in his bed when it's freezing, flies from one side of the room to the other without touching the floor, steals my cookies, watches TV (favorite show is AFV) continually, and his belly turns pink when he's sleepy.



Day 14: upside down
This is my brother, Jakey. The sky is to the left--always. He's crazy, tough, and has always been there for me. In elementary school, he would save me from bullies all the time and walk me home. Now my little Jakey's married to Neondra, who's perfect for him! They're so cute together!


Day 15: Flashback
Remember the days when the biggest drama was when someone stole your crayon? We all miss those days at one point or another. 
Me and my cousin, Jocelyn
Jake - 3 years old
Family pictures when I was in 1st grade

Then we all grow up and move on, and have so much more to look forward to!


 Day 16: Night time
When it snows, it can be a little depressing--especially when you know you won't see real sunlight for a long while! So, what better way to relieve that burden than to go outside and build the biggest snowman you can?! Too bad sometimes, the snow just won't pack! ;) 

Day 17: A smile
This smile just makes me smile :) 

This is her normal smile, when she doesn't quite realize
there's a camera, yet!

This is the smile we get when we tell my niece
to smile at the camera!












Day 18: Peace
The temple is the greatest form of peace I have been able to find. It is so beautiful inside and out and helps me to forget the world the moment I step even next to it. It is not a worldly place, and it makes me the most happiest person I have seen myself be. It truly is a wonderfully safe and peaceful heaven on earth.


Day 19: Favorite candy: Reese's is THE BEST candy, in my opinion! That's one thing I get from my mom!

Day 20: A smell you adore
I'm not too sure of these flowers per say, but I do love to smell roses and other smelly flowers. It's a calming feeling!









Day 21: With a Nashville filter
This is my boy! He's a smiley-head, even at night when he's grumpy and snugly. I still get my giggles!

Day 22: Time
This is from the float my mom made in 2010. He's a Cyprus Pirate clock!! Didgy, the digital clock!














Day 23: Something I love
Those moments when you're hanging out with your family and just being together are the best, especially when you're all acting ridiculous and weird the whole time! From teaching my dad how to pose in a picture, to making my mom sick in the Dancing Hats ride at Knott's Berry Farm's, no moment is a dull moment!














Day 24: Candle
What better candle than the torch for TRUTH and RIGHTEOUSNESS?!

Day 25: Nature
I am so grateful for the beautiful nature that surrounds me. The stars, the earth, dirt, flowers, animals, . . . they all remind me of how much my Heavenly Father loves me. Whenever I hear the birds singing, it makes me want to put my arms out, take deep, long breaths, and sing my heart out. The blue sky always has something different to look for, and flowers/plants come in all sorts of shapes and colors. Have you ever wondered how you put the dots on the wings of a ladybug? You don't use a sharpie! All of this was created out of love. I know my Father in Heaven wanted us to have everything we needed on this Earth. We do need all we have an we should be extremely grateful for it. He also wanted us to be happy, so we have these things to bring us joy. How wonderful of a world do we live in, and how often do we not take good advantage of that and choose other paths instead?

Day 26: Animals
I've been thinking of my dog, Sidney a lot for the past few days. We had her for just over a year. We found Sidney after our dog, Louie, age 16, died. We decided we needed a new dog, so we went to PetSmart to see if we could find one. As we were walking towards the door, a lady walked out with a cart of puppies. They were adorable. I remember asking her if we could take a look at them. On top, was a black lab puppy. He was so cute, cuddly, hyper, and I wanted him. I thought immediately, "Him!" However, my mom had a different puppy in mind. The black lab was standing/sitting on top of another dog, and the other dogs were surrounding it. The dog underneath the lab was so shy and quiet. My mom wanted her. We were all worrying that she wouldn't be alright with us, since puppies should usually be energetic and clumsy. I got to hold her first. The store manager let us take her home for the night, and return her the next morning if we did not like her. So, we took her home and went out to the backyard to see if she would play. She just sat there at first, wanting nothing to do with us. All of us kids went inside with my dad and my mom was weeding the garden. All of a sudden, we saw and heard a bunch of birds squawking. She had grabbed a bird in her mouth and the others were mad! She took the dead bird to my mom, set it down beside her, and was from then on, totally fine. Of course, we always had to watch her when she went outside! 
This picture was taken when we were potty training her. We put a laundry basket out to block the hallway and a chair on the other end. Next thing we know, she tipped the basket over, knocked the clothes in it down to a bed, and fell asleep. Isn't she cute?! I miss her! 
She was run over in front of our house when my family left and put her outside, not thinking she would dig her way under the fence to find us. A man swerved and hit her on the side of the road, and drove back and forth while people were checking on her and taking her to the vet. We will always miss her and her playing hide-and-go-seek around the house.

Day 27: My bedroom
This table has been trash ever since I got rid of my computer and was no longer "fish-sitting." There's not much use anymore!

Day 28: Jewelry
I love my mustache necklace and earrings! One was given to me by the family I babysit for (love them!) and the other by my best friend (since I can remember). 
















 Day 29: Hairstyle
I've gone with bangs! I got called into work while getting my hair done, so when I got there, my co-worker didn't recognize me! Bangs must change a girl! That, and I had never worn my hair down for work. 


On the other hand,


.   .   .   .   .


Sometimes, my hair looks like this (Below)!! But, do like Dory from "Finding Nemo" says, and, "Just keep swimming!" 
You've gotta WORK IT!!!
Day 30: Favorite Quote
Who WOULDN'T be happy from this quote?!

Day 31: Me! (And friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment